Order Test and Related Materials
Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence™ - Fourth Edition (Hong Kong)
Author(s): David Wechsler
At a Glance:
- Administration: Paper-and-pencil
Completion Time: Core subtests: 60-90 minutes
- Scores/Interpretation: Full Scale IQ, Primary Index Scores and Ancillary Index Scores
Publication Date: 2018
- Ages: Children 4:0-6:11
- Norms: Hong Kong
Note: King-May is authorized to revise and sell exclusively WPPSI-IV (HK) by NCS Pearson, Inc in Hong Kong
The WPPSI-IV is an innovative measure of cognitive development for preschoolers and young children that's rooted in contemporary theory and research that also places a strong emphasis on child-friendly, developmentally appropriate features and includes new processing speed tasks, the addition of working memory subtests, an expanded factor structure. The extensive enhancements are targeted to benefit both children and examiners.
Expanded and Updated Factor Structure
The test structure includes three levels of interpretation: Full scale, Primary Index scale and Ancillary Index scale levels.
The Primary Index scales include
- Verbal Comprehension Index (VCI)
- Visual Spatial Index (VSI)
- Working Memory Index (WMI)
- Fluid Reasoning Index (FRI)
- Processing Speed Index (PSI)
The Ancillary Index scales include
- Vocabulary Acquisition Index (VAI)
- Nonverbal Index (NVI)
- General Ability Index (GAI)
- Cognitive Proficiency Index (CPI)
Features & Benefits
Improved Developmental Appropriateness
New Processing Speed Subtests
- Simplified and shortened directions for children
- Demonstration, sample and teaching items used whenever possible to ensure clarity of task demands
More Efficient Test Administration
- Numerous updates make administration as efficient and user-friendly as possible.
- Testing time is maintained or reduced while construct coverage is increased.
- Clear and concise examiner instructions, including shortened discontinue criteria and simplified substitution, invalidation, and proration rules.
- Stimulus book contents distributed to maximize portability
- New and durable storage solutions for manipulatives, including puzzles.
Updated and Improved Psychometric Properties
- The normative sample was stratified to match current Hong Kong census data based on sex, race/ethnicity, parent education level, and geographical region for each group
- Improved subtest floors and ceilings
- Comparable or improved reliability for subtest and composite scores
Use & Applications
- Identify and qualify students with cognitive delays for special services
- Evaluate children for cognitive delays, intellectual disabilities, autism and giftedness
- Evaluate the impact of traumatic brain injury on cognitive functions in children
- Evaluate cognitive ability of children in question during custody hearings
Note: Purchasing now, you can get a discounted price. The more you buy, the more discounts you get! After login, please press “Order products”. Depending on the quantity ordered, the form will compute a total discounted price for you.